The Account Manager position is responsible for direct client contact. This position’s role is to work with clients directly by assisting with order entry and informing them of Event Essentials product offerings and services available.
Position Tasks & Activities
- Build lasting & trustworthy relationships with clients
- Obtain all permits necessary to complete the event
- Maintain price quotes and rental reservations and place in appropriate file
- Avoid overbooking by communicating with written and verbal details
- Provide written event price estimates according to established procedures
- Prepare contract using rental software
- Communicate all event details with internal staff to ensure a smooth event
- Produce a computer-generated layout of event when necessary
- Maintain contact with client prior to event to verify delivery and pickup times are accurate and coordinator any necessary changes
- Follow up with client post event if applicable
- Network with other industry professionals
- Maintain open communication with management and make recommendations for purchase of new inventory items
- Keep sales area clean, organized and tidy
- Report safety violations to supervisor
- Fill in for other positions, when necessary, for smooth operation of the business
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, rules and regulations in written or verbal form
- Assist with counter personnel duties
Weekly meetings with Sales Manager to discuss questions and upcoming event and round table discussions with all sales staff. Continuous feedback on client needs and inventory adjustments to inventory that may be needed.
Nature of the Work
Work directly with clients or planners to ensure all of their event needs are met. Recommend rental equipment and accessories that fit within each events style and budget. Communication with all other departments as needed to ensure all details of the event rental order are covered.
Most of the work will be done in general office setting, unless conducting site inspections and overseeing coordination of events. Work is fast paced, demanding yet very rewarding.
Education, Skills & Requirements
- People skills: adaptable, patience, good listening skills, effective communicator
- Organized and able to handle multiple tasks
- Adheres to guidelines and procedures
- Skill with Microsoft Office software necessary- Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote
- Experience with other software such as Photoshop, Google Docs, Drop Box, but training will be provided
- Creative and resourceful, with the ability to upsell
- Professional and self-motivated
- Must maintain a professional personal appearance
- Must possess sales and customer relation skills
- Must be able to use mathematics to solve problems
- Computer knowledge is preferred. Training on rental software will be provided
- Must be able to speak English clearly and write legibly. The ability to speak other languages is a plus.
- Must pass company drug screen
- Must maintain an acceptable attendance record
- Willing to work weekends and nights if needed
- Must be able to understand and follow instructions furnished in written, oral and scheduled form and pass them on to personnel
- Maintain a cooperative working relationship with co-workers.
Pay Structure – Hourly
- Hourly pay rate with possible overtime during peak season
- 401k Plan & Profit sharing available
- PTO & Vacation Time
- Health & Life Insurance Available
- Paid Holidays
- Sales vehicle will be available when needed for travel
- Company provided computer and cell phone (after 30 days)